Students Show Off Skills At Art Show

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students Show Off Skills At Art Show

Connor French, Staff Reporter

For many years, Linn-Mar art students have been showcasing their talent at the art show, which is set up in the Pride Rock commons every spring. The pieces range from small and detailed drawings, to spectacular photographs, to grand sculptures. All of the pieces include a tag with the artist’s name and the title of the piece, in order to recognize all of the amazing artists at Linn Mar.

This year, Junior Zoey Marciniak’s gorgeous photographs of Zoë Dekruif, Augie Charpier, and Libby Moore are displayed at the front of the show. Zoey tells me that she was encouraged by her teacher, parents, and friends to display her art.

“When seeing my prints of the work, I think of myself as a bit of an anomaly. Seeing it displayed next to other artists is a really cool feeling, like ‘yeah, we all put in all this effort and time and now we just get to show it off to each other,’” Zoey says, explaining what caused her to join this year’s art show.

For senior Cheyenne Mann, art is a passion that she wishes to continue for the rest of her life. She says she isn’t going to do it for a living, but she joined the art show because it gave her an outlet to show off her work publicly. “The art show is a wonderful opportunity for sharing your work with lots of people, and being able to show your creativity and self-expression in a public way.

Art is a very important aspect in the lives of many of the students involved in the art show.

“There’s a lot of stories I want to tell, and I think my photography helps me to do that. I guess that’s why it’s important to me,” Zoey explains. Digital photography is a newer form of art that is growing in popularity, and many other students used the same medium in the art show.

“For me, art is a way of expressing myself, either by putting the emotions I can’t express outwardly on paper, or by being able to tell a story,” Cheyenne says. “I love it so much, and always recommend people try it out.”

For all of the artists out there, the Linn Mar Art Show is a wonderful way to show off work, and at all times of the day, there are students and teachers checking it out.